Wednesday 8 October 2008

Some Spaced photos

This lucky guy got to meet Simon Pegg and Jessica Hynes (nee Stevenson) during the writing of Series 2 of Spaced.





"Just been digging around through some old college work from when I was at Central Saint Martins, and found this set of shots I took for a photography brief.

The brief was to document a day in the life of a comic. I'd worked in advertising a bit before college, and managed to convince a casting agent to ask Simon Pegg and Jessica Stephenson if I could spend a day with them while they worked on the scripts for the second series of Spaced.

It was a fantastic way to spend a day. They were both very funny, and very generous with their time.

(Actually, they were an utter nightmare, total prima donnas - but they gave me a tenner and a bag of chips to say they were lovely.)

It was only later that I realised I must have looked like a total fanboy stalker, as I'd bleached my hair blonde a few weeks earlier (it was an art school thing), so looked like an obsessive Simon Pegg wannabe.

They were gracious enough not to mention it."

See the full set of photos here.

No comments: