Friday 25 April 2008

Sir David Attenborough Quote of the Day

SimonB: Have you any pets?

Sir David Attenborough: When my children were small we had all kinds of pets but now that I live by myself it is not possible to have a pet and still go away for several weeks on end on filming trips. So, to my regret I have no pets at the moment.

Steve: What is the most scared you have ever been while filming?

Sir David Attenborough: If you are not scared at any time you are going to get yourself into real trouble. I have been scared. My scariest moment has been malfunctioning of my diving equipment when I have been some 60 feet below the surface. I decided that I was not designed by mother nature to be down there.

Peloquin: Sir david, is the bird of paradise still one of your favorite animals?

Sir David Attenborough: There is not just one bird of paradise, there are 42 different species. They vary in size from a robin to a crow. They have the most dazzlingly feather decorations of any family and I am besotted by them.

Full interview here.

No comments: