Friday 18 April 2008

How the existence of the Gameboy Micro eluded me


















In modern terms, I am relatively new to the world of gaming. I didn't have any consoles growing up and the nearest I got to gaming at home was 3D Movie Maker and The Oregon Trail on my Windows 95 PC.


Having recently aqcuired a Nintendo DS, then finding a Gamecube cheap on eBay and then being leant a PS2, suddenly I've gone into game overdrive. The likelihood of me getting excited and making myself sick has increased since I've been able to sit in my lounge and look around at all the many fun game options I now have. But it was Zelda: Minish Cap that started it all. The heady days of sharing a flat with my sister and spending hours every night huddled around the tiny screen of my nephew's GBA, absorbed in the wonderful new world of Zelda. That was only 5 years ago.

So it comes as little surprise I suppose that I had never heard of the Gameboy Micro. But why had none of my friends either? Most of them have been gaming since they were kids and have probably, between them, played on every console out there. But still - they hadn't heard of such a thing as a Gameboy Micro. And yet, here it is:


















Mysterious...

No comments: